Rena Toshiba is a character who was introduced in 2007's DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY as a playable character. To date, she has appeared in all Wii DDR games to date, including the arcade release of DanceDanceRevolution X2 (where she makes her first debut outside of a Wii DDR game) until DanceDanceRevolution Dance Wars. She was later removed in DanceDanceRevolution (2013 arcade game) as a playable character due to the implementation of the eAMUSEMENT Participation system.
Games in order of appearance:
- DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY (2007)
- DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY 2 (2008)
- DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY 3 (2009)
- DanceDanceRevolution X2 (2010)
- DanceDanceRevolution (Wii) (2010)
- DanceDanceRevolution II (2011)
- DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX (2011)
- DanceDanceRevolution Dance Wars (2013)
- DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2016 (2016)
Character and PersonalityEdit
Rena is described as a kind and shy girl who sometimes becomes short-tempered, similar to Rage. She has a penchant for food and cute things, but hates natto (a traditional Japanese food made from soybeans fermented with Bacillus subtilis). She also does martial arts as another activity.
Rena portrays as a kind and short-tempered girl and a martial artist who practices martial arts.
Rena appears to have a shoulder length aqua blue hair with a full fringe and brown eyes. Her appearance has a similar appearance to Emi in her current appearance in DDR games.
- Rena is similar to Emi in that they both have blue hair and that they wear similar outfits (Rena wears the green costume that Emi wore in the DDR Hottest Party beta, as one of her outfits in DDR Hottest Party).
- Rena is unlocked on DanceDanceRevolution X2 by completing the Mekuru meku Dance★Party (メクルめくダンス★パーティ) puzzle image that is named after her. On DDR X3 VS 2ndMIX, however, she is available by default to anyone with an eAMUSEMENT pass.
- Rena was unlockable on DDR Dance Wars after inviting 10 friends, as part of the 3rd invite bonus set.
- Along with all non-human characters from DDR X2 and X3 VS 2ndMIX (Rinon, Victory Concent, Geisha Zukin, and PiX), Rena was removed as a playable character in DDR 2013. This is likely because of the implementation of the eAMUSEMENT Participation system.
- Besides dancing Rena also learned martial arts when she was a child. She wanted to do martial arts in case any danger came near her.
|AC Version DDR Characters|
|Disco (Afro) - Lady - Konsento:01 - Oshare-Zukin - Disc Beings - Dread - Janet - Konsento:02 - Kaeru-Zukin - Boldo - Tracy - Rage - Emi - Konsento:03 - Devil-Zukin - Astro - Charmy - Johnny - Jenny - Robo 2000 - Maid-Zukin - Konsento:03/2 - Izam - Ni-na - Akira - Yuni - Robo 2001 - Princess-Zukin - Spike - Maho - Baby-Lon - Alice - NAOKI - NMR - Robo-Zukin - Gus - Ruby - Julio - Concent Be-fU - Dark-Zukin - Concent Kyo-fU - Zero - Bonnie - Louis-CONCENT III - Queen-Zukin - Victory-Concent - Geisha-Zukin - Rinon - Rena - PiX - Dark Rinon|
|CS Version DDR Characters|
|Tamako - Space Man - Mameo - Cow-Ko - U1 - 2MB - Train - Bus - Blues - Rhythm - Drum - Bass - J.C - Sa-Ja - Doll - Rhythm - Domi - U.G. - Root - Chordia - Harmony - Gaku - Danca - Pia - Forte - Gliss - Sharp - jun - Michael|