Composition/Arrangement: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
Genre: SuperNOVA2 BEAT EX (SuperNOVA2ビートEX)
BPM: 50-220 (DDR), 50-270 (IIDX)
First Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
- beatmaniaIIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS
- DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 JP CS
- DanceDanceRevolution X US CS
- DanceDanceRevolution S+ DDR SuperNOVA 2 Pack 3
Song Connections / RemixesEdit
- Pluto is part of the GRAND CROSS series of songs.
- Pluto Relinquish, a remix of Pluto by 2MB, also appears on DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 (as part of the GRAND CROSS series of songs), representing Pluto's status demotion to a dwarf planet.
- Pluto The First, another remix of Pluto, this time by NAOKI under his WHITE WALL alias, appears on the Japanese home version of DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY and subsequently, on DanceDanceRevolution X2.
- A portion of Pluto is featured in Xmix5 (Overcrush). It is the last song featured in that Xmix.
- Pluto is the third ENCORE EXTRA STAGE song of DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2.
- It also appears as a FINAL STAGE song on the North American PlayStation 2 version of DDR X.
- In beatmaniaIIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS, some portions of the song run at double BPM.
- Pluto, Pluto Relinquish, Pluto The First, PARANOiA ~HADES~, and 冥 are all related in that they form the story of how the planet Pluto came to be. All of these songs appear in the Pluto Story course on DDR X2, with Pluto appearing second.
- Pluto has many BPM changes and stops, for which it is known for, that are the primary cause of difficulty of the song. As such, all charts, even the Beginner chart, have Chaos values.
- A previous boss song, CHAOS, also does the same.
- Pluto's BPM changes are as follows)
- (50 → 110 → stop → 115 →2 stops → 120 → 115 → stop → 200 → 220 → 5 stops →120 → stop → 125 → stop → 130 → 135 → 130 → 125 → 120 → 115 → 110 → 105 → 103.1416 → 50.1
- The Chaos values for the Single Play charts are as follows (these values are as of DDR X2):
- Beginner: ???
- Basic: ???
- Difficult: ???
- Expert: 116
- Challenge: 145
- Pluto's Challenge charts are tied with Monkey Business's Challenge charts for having the most notes in 4 beats, at 29 notes.
- All of Pluto's charts except for the Challenge charts were given timing fixes on DDR X.
- Pluto is the third song to have a true BPM change during gameplay that isn't simply doubling nor cutting BPM in half nor BPM change outside of gameplay. The other 2 songs that do this are WILD RUSH and MAXX UNLIMITED.
Official Song CommentEdit
Pluto. And that's all I have to say.
Difficulty & NotecountsEdit
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|DDR SuperNOVA2 JP CS||☆2||☆6||☆8||☆9||☆10||☆6||☆8||☆9||☆10|
|DDR X US CS||6||9||12||14||16||9||13||14||17|