In DanceDanceRevolution terminology, a Death run (known in Japanese terminology as ラス殺し (rasu koroshi, lit. Last Kill) when referring to a long set of notes at the end of a song) is a usually long and continuous, and difficult cluster of notes that require the player to step quickly. Most boss songs have this at the end of the song, making them a challenge to pass. Death runs may either be simple (simple trills and clusters of notes (e.g. PARANOiA (kskst mix)'s Expert charts have a simplified ending death run with only 16ths)) or complex (crossovers, spins, and other techniques thrown in (e.g. PARANOiA Revolution's Single Challenge chart adds 16th notes in the otherwise all-8th note stream)). The very first song to utilize this gimmick was SUPER STAR from Dance Dance Revolution Solo Bass Mix.
Examples of Songs that use this gimmickEdit
Not all songs with this gimmick will be listed.
- Healing-D-Vision (Challenge) (pictured)
- PARANOIA survivor MAX (Challenge)
- PARANOiA ~HADES~ (Challenge)
- Pluto Relinquish (Expert and Challenge)
- Valkyrie dimension (Difficult, Expert, and Challenge) - The latter two difficulties have 33 notes at the ending death run. The Single Challenge chart also has a 480 BPM 8th note death run at the beginning.
- TRIP MACHINE EVOLUTION (Challenge)
- New Generation (Challenge) - The Single Challenge chart ends the death run with a jump.
- PARANOiA Revolution (Expert and Challenge) - Expert ends with two death runs, with one big gap between each. The first death run consists of 33 8th notes at 360 BPM, and the second death run consists of 17 8th notes at the same BPM. Challenge throws in 16th notes in both, but has a longer first death run by 32 notes.
- Under the Sky (Single Expert)
- Anti-Matter (Expert and Challenge)
- Horatio (Expert and Challenge)
- Pluto The First (Expert)
- AM-3P ("CHAOS" Special) (Challenge)
- POSSESSION (Expert and Challenge) - The Doubles Challenge chart's ending death run is notorious for its very difficult patterns.
- VANESSA (Expert)
- MAXX UNLIMITED(X-Special) (Challenge)
- Healing Vision ~Angelic mix~ (Expert) - After the stop, a long stream of 65 8th notes at 196 BPM challenges the player.
- Fascination MAXX (Expert and Challenge)
- 888 (Challenge)
- ORION.78 ~civilization mix~ (Expert)
- MAX. (period) (Expert and Challenge)
- PARANOiA-Respect- (Single Expert)
- Racing with Time (NAOKI's 999 remix) (Expert)
- Tohoku EVOLVED (Expert and Challenge) - The death run occurs before the final stop and change to 1020 BPM, after which one of four corner jumps appears.
- I'm so Happy (Challenge) - There are several death runs in the song.
- TRIP MACHINE PhoeniX (Expert / Challenge)
- ska a go go (Single Difficult, Single Expert)
- Triple Journey -TAG EDITION- (Expert / Challenge)